Ingredients: Steam distilled whole organic Rosemary from Tunisia.
Rosemary is a small evergreen shrub with thick aromatic, linear leaves. Especially after watering .. the scent permeates the air!!
The odor is a strong, fresh, woody herbaceous top note with a clean woody balsamic body note which then fades into a dry herbaceous base note.
There are three principal chemotypes of Salvia rosmarinus (formerly R. officinalis)
Rosemary. Salvia rosmarinus... the proper botanical name. No longer Rosmarinus officinalis...
* camphor - borneol (Spain)
* 1.8 - cineole
* verbenone (France)
Due to the differences in composition, applications for different purposes to achieve maximum efficiency.
- CT Camphor: is best used as a general stimulant, suitable for muscular aches and pains.
- CT Cineole: is best used for the treatment of respiratory ailments i.e.: bronchitis, sinusitis.
- CT Verbenone: is said to be the most gentle non-irritant essence and is excellent for high quality skin care preparations.
Principle Peaks / CT Name:
a-Pinene .......... (12.60%)
Camphene .......... ( 4.66%)
B-Pinene ........... ( 6.17%)
Myrcene ........... ( 1.30%)
Limonene ........... ( 2.30%)
Cineole 1.8 ............ (46.24%)
Camphor ............ (10.35%)
B-Caryophyllene ..... ( 3.01%)
a-Terpineol ............ ( 1.47%)
Borneol ........... ( 2.51%)
Linalool ........... ( 1.06%)
Historically & Traditionally:
Rosemary is probably one of the best known and most used of the aromatic herbs.
- The ancient Egyptians favored it and traces of it has been found in the first dynasty tombs.
- To the Greeks and Romans it was considered a sacred plant. They believed rosemary symbolized love and death.
Medicinally Rosemary has been used for centuries. Dioscorides recommended it as a powerful remedy for stomach and liver problems. Hippocrates said rosemary should be cooked with vegetables to overcome liver and spleen disorders and Galen prescribed it for jaundice.
Most notably Rosemary was known to have a stimulating effect on the mind and as a useful aid to the memory. This is why Rosemary is the herb known as a symbol of remembrance.
- Extensively used in hair lotions, as it was reputed to renew hair growth and prevent premature baldness. Also, used for the prevention of dandruff.
- Used as a fragrance component in cosmetics, soaps, detergents and perfumes.
According to Mojay, Rosemary is one of the most valuable and invigorating essential oils, describing it as an excellent tonic for the body's yang energy, promoting the circulation of the Qi and blood.
Davis describes Rosemary as a psychic protector. Using the oil first thing in the morning before exposing oneself to all the external influences of the day.
Rosemary oil is associated with 'clear thought' and is helpful where ever there is a need for clarity. Also, associated witht he 'third eye' or brow chakra.
- EXTERNAL USE ONLY.
- Do not use undiluted on the skin.
- Keep away from children & pets.
- Store away from heat & light.
- Do not use during pregnancy.
All herbs used are organic or wildcrafted.
No CBD or THC.
SunRose Essential Oils - ROSEMARY OIL
- .5 oz bottle