Ingredients: Steam distilled ravintsara leaves from Madagascar.
Colorless to pale yellow/green liquid. Characteristic of camphor with a slightly spicy aroma.
Introduced from Taiwan as an ornamental tree which is now growing widely in Madagascar. (country of origin for this material). Often confused with Ravensara which comes from Ravensara aromatica.
Includes: a-thujene (0.8%), a-pinene (5.0%), sabinene (12.2%), B-pinene (3.3%), myrcene (1.2%),
a-terpinene (1.3%), p-cymene (0.1%), (E)B-ocimene (0.4%), 1,8 - cineole (62.6%), y-terinene (2.0%),
para menthadienol (0.3%), terpinen-4ol (2.5%), a-terpineol (7.3%), (E)-caryophyllene (0.1%), a-humelene (0.4%).
Analgesic, anti-infection, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antiviral, expectorant.
NOTE: The chemistry of Ravintsara, due to its high content of 1,8-cineole and monoterpenes, suggests it has a common denominator with cajeput and 1,8-cineole (ie eucalyptus oils) which both are high. This would be great for the treatments of upper and lower respiratory tract infections.
Uses in Aromatherapy:
- Nervous system: stimulates the mind and promotes alertness. therefore, would be beneficial for lethargy, mental fogginess and lock of concentration. (Holmes).
The oil is a nerve tonic and a mental and physical stimulant, which can be beneficial to revitalize those suffering from physical and nervous fatigue.
- Respiratory: due to having antibacterial, immuno-stimulating and expectorant properties, would make this oil beneficial for colds, influenza, sinusitis, chronic bronchitis with phlegm and cough. May be useful to combat infection from colds and flu and to alleviate symptoms of phlegm and coughs.
Ravintsara is invigorating to the mind and soul as it is to the body, It has an uplifting and refreshing effect that would be beneficial for those suffering from low self-esteem,low self-confidence, pessimism and lack of will power.
- beneficial to alleviate respiratory infection, the common cold, coughing and congestion blend with aniseed, cedarwood atlas, eucalyptus, ginger, niaouli, peppermint, pine, tea tree or thyme.
- for nervous tension, stress related conditions and anxiety blend with bergamot, clary sage, geranium, lavender, neroli, sweet orange or sandalwood.
- to alleviate pain and inflammation due to arthritis, blending with black pepper, eucalyptus citridora, kunzea, ginger, peppermint, pine or rosemary.
Do not confuse Ravintsara vs Ravensara aromatica
Non irritating or sensitizing to the skin. No contraindications are known.
- External use ONLY.
- Do NOT use undiluted on the skin.
- Keep away from children and pets.
- Store away from heat and light.
All herbs used are organic or wildcrafted.
No CBD or THC.
SunRose Essential Oils - RAVINTSARA OIL
- .5 oz bottle